Myra Infante Sheridan

Myra Infante Sheridan
FESTIBA
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Catch Up!

I've had a fantastic weekend!  My life has been annoyingly stupendous lately.

Unfortunately, this means I haven't had much time for blogging, but I want to rectify ASAP.

Ian passed his driver's test last Thursday, so he is an official Texas licensed driver now!  He found both the written and driving test quite easy, which explains all the bad driving he sees here. How can I defend our great state? I'm not sure. On a positive note, he is very happy in Texas regardless of other drivers.

He's on break from his internship/volunteer stint at the school district. I'm really glad he's been able to be around other IT people because he's been able to exchange ideas about IT. We all need a professional support system. He's back in three weeks and in the meantime he'll be studying to renew some of his certifications. He's finding the Spanish lessons a bit challenging, but I think that he'll pick it up soon enough.

I got some great news last week. Our school librarian mentioned to me that the school principal requested a classroom set of my book for teachers to use.

***

I started writing this post on Monday, I think. It's Wednesday and I still haven't finished it! Argh! Where does the time go?

Anyway... back to where I left off.

So, Thursday evening, our friend Anne joined us for dinner and a movie. We ordered some Hawaiian pizza and I made us a salad, and we watched "The Land of Blood of Honey."  It was a bit grim, but we made silly jokes throughout which lighten the mood. We finally convinced Anne to watch "Team America" and thankfully she wasn't too offended with it.

I had planned to spend all of Friday working on Kayla's song and lo and behold after a bit of procrastinating I actually got it done. I spent part of Saturday and Sunday laying down a track on GarageBand.

And here it is...


On Saturday, we went to Carino's Italian restaurant for the book launch of "Mexican Bestiary." We had a nice meal and a good time listening to readings from the book. Oh, and I won a t-shirt! Woot!

On Emilia's recommendation, we attended an evening performance of "Zoot Suit". It was fantastic! I hope we can attend more productions by "Thirteen O'Clock".

And last but not least I must announce.... I CAN RIDE A BIKE!!!
It's official and there is absolutely no doubt about it.

Ian and I went for a bike ride around the city oval in the back.  It was so much fun and scary for me. But mostly fun. :D

This fourth of July has been a lot of fun. We went to the parade this morning and I knew three of the beauty queens! We came home and I filled up the apartment with smoke whilst cooking some steaks. I let an army of flies in when I opened the patio door to let the smoke out. Boo! Ian hunted them all down. Yay! We watched a movie and then went for our bike ride. We decided to go watch the fireworks display at the last minute and made it just in time. I think Ian had a good first fourth of July.

I rushed through this blog because I've delayed too long in writing it and the longer I wait, the more stuff that will happen!

1 comment:

  1. Not seen in a short time to talk to anyone; Do what should be done; To move faster to reach someone moving in the direction.

    ReplyDelete